You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies & Actors

Tamil directors turned into Copycats

Hi members
    Recently many Tamil movies were remake of Hollywood, Tollywood and Bollywood. Did Tamil directors lose their talents? I can't believe director Shankar is doing a remake movie "Nanban". I felt he is very talented director in Tamilnadu. They are losing their image by this acts. Constantly many stories and some of the scenes were stolen from Hollywood movies. They are bringing western culture into the movie. They can give some pure tamil movie.

Regards
    Venkat
    Fire Accident
    Hello Venketa Kumar,
    I too believe that most of the Tamil directors are making this attempt to just copy the mind of yet another director and become successful by gaining more just by copying the movies. I was shocked to see many scenes like the Bus scene in the movie Mynaa which was copied from Jurassic park part 2, I have seen many such scenes that were copied. I think that the directors should not tend to copy the movies and they should think something different though it is really hard to make a concept of oneself. There was a statement made by Selvaragavan which recently stated that the directors should not copy the movies created by yet another director.

Regards,
    Sudhan A

"All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers"

Cinema is totally based on a trend going on at present. You might have seen the film Gajni is the remake of tamil movie gajini & singam is remake of tamil movie singam . All these films hit the box office. So, all directors planning to do a remake film with the same title. In cinema success is becoming a trend and that would be followed by all directors and producers. In addition to that remaking is very easy compared to producing as a new movie.
    imagination rules the world - Albert Einstein.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.