You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Tirunelveli

What is your suggestion about Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant?

As we are hearing about this in daily newspapers and television, what is your opinion about the operation of Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant. People living there are not allowing the plant to run. They are insisting the Government to close the nuclear power plant.

On the other hand, central government is telling the State government to run it. The Tamil Nadu CM, has promised people that necessary steps will be taken to stop the operation.

What do you think about this? Considering the people living there, should it be operated or not?
    First and foremost I wonder why this opposition after so many years! What were the people doing when the foundation stone was laid and construction was in progress?

Of course there will be problems even everything goes on well. Can we avoid a greater good just because of a possible danger. Do we stop travelling on the roads just because accidents are taking place?

Needles to say that all precautions should be taken for the safety and security of the people.

One more question comes to my mind. Whether this opposition is from common people or from the people who have some other vested interest?

Politics should be kept out when developmental programs are envisaged.

I think that the activities should be stopped and the public awareness about the project should be provided stating both its advantages and disadvantages. Proper facilities are to be provided for the area people.
    Regards,
    Sudhan A

"All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers"

Once I have seen the koodankulam nuclear plant on the way to Kanyakumari. The project is constructed in the sea shore. After the devastating tsunami occurred in the japan the whole world is vigilant over the nuclear power plant. In japan, the leakage of radiation caused more damage to japan than tsunami. Indian system of security concern is always failed in all disaster management. From the past bitter experience of tsunami 2004, there are many villages still not rehabilitated. So, we cannot believe on Indian government. Their promises are simply political concern. On the other hand we are in need of power so the project can be shifted to some other UN-inhabited place at least at the radius of 20km. The people who are raising voice against this project should be supported whole heatedly.
    imagination rules the world - Albert Einstein.

Hello friends,
    I don't think that the it is right time to open the project and start its operation though the people seem to be wrong to stop the project after its construction I don't think the people are wrong, I don't think that the government gave any proper information on the construction of the plant its uses and its disadvantages to the public at that locality. I feel that the government should provide more awareness programs so that the people would be satisfied with the government and the people would also support the act of the government rather to stand as a barrier before the construction of the project in kodankulam. The Public should be assured that no problems would rise due to the construction of the plant and if anything dangerous happens the government should take care of the loss so incurred.

Regards,
    Sudhan A

"All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers"

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.