You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Kanchipuram

Why you collect fees?

I am a malaysian lady. visit kanchipuram temple (ARULMIGU THEYVARAJA SWAMI THIRUKOIL) on 2nd August 2011. Its an a famous temple in kanchipuram, this is my second visit to this temple. when i visited this temple last year they never collect any entrance fee to enter this temple but this year they charging us 5rupees per person. why is that? Normely there is no fees to enter a temple in tamil nadu. Its really upset me and our group. i am not happy with our service.
    Then how we going to vist this temple next time.
    pls advice me, why you collecting the fees. i have a prove of ticket with me.
    you give us very unpleasent trip.

Dear Friend,

Most Probably, No entrance fee is collected in the temples of Tamil nadu. In some special days, like some festival seasons, There will be huge crowed to make a visit to the temples during the festival days and some other occasions. During that days, In order to control the crowed, The authorities of the temple will collect some minimum amount as entrance fee. The collected amount will be used for the maintenance of the temple.

So whatever the amount you spent there. It will be user for the temple maintenance. so, please don't worry and leave it.

With regards,

Hi Parames,
    Very sorry to hear a such thing from you about your Tamil Nadu's visit. As you said, the fees is not a must one in many of the temples of Tamil Nadu. As Mr. Manoharan said, the fact may be real. Don't have a bad decision over the Tamil Nadu Temples. The money you spend to visit Tamil Nadu from malaysia will not affect you much when compared with the fees collected in Temples. Be sure to visit Tamil Nadu and comment your visit in Tamil Spider. Sure the next visit will bring you happiness.

with regards,

Collecting fee for visiting temple is an undesired activity which is to be stopped at once. I have seen some temple collecting huge amount as VIP darshan but there is a separate line for normal devotees on free of cost. Such type of activity will definitely lean the Hindu religion. I can't support such illogical activity. God never asks money from anyone who are visiting his portico.
    imagination rules the world - Albert Einstein.

Hello mam,
    Recently I visited Kodaikanal. There they are collecting fees at each and every spot. I am frequent visitor to kodaikanal I have not paid before. I think they are collecting fees everywhere in Tamilnadu just to improve the eco system or the maintenance. Now every where money speaks.

Best arts college in Madurai

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.