You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Wanted to know more about the dravidian martial culture.specially about varmakalai.

dear all,
    I am a keen seekers of indian martial culture.i know dravidian land was so developed in martial art. so if somebody find something for me that i could start my journey with dravidian martial art,specially varmakali.i wanted to get some books also.i have found an article written by sujhata who is also a member and gold position holder.she has mentioned many books and information about varmakali. i was serching her contact details also but i am not allowed to get that i am bronz position holder only.i would be greatful to all of you if somebody get me any information related with the subject as well as some existing Guru's name and adress.
    Hi friend,
    I am very glad to know about your wish and devotion to get trained in our traditional martial art.But I am so sorry, I don't know anything about this art literally. I have heard of this art that it is practiced with fingers and used to make any muscle to react differently and if it is done wrongly it may lead to some dangerous effects.
    And this art came to spread among the youngsters usually through the film 'INDIAN' starring Mr.KamalHasan.Thanks to the film which made some people to get information about this great art.All the BEST.
    You will surely get practiced with this marvelous art and spread among young generation and make this art long live.

with regards,

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.