You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Best area to live in Chennai?

Hi Friends

According to you which is the best are to live in Chennai, similarly which is the least preferred area in Chennai?

Mention the area names with reason, for example I live Ashok Nagar for residential purpose as its very calm and cool place with mostly trees around, less pollution, at the centre of city with easy access to other areas.

Similar to Ashok nagar is in my view Nanganallur for residential preference in terms of being less polluted and calm place but its in the South Chennai.

Regards
    Kiran
    I thing Chennai is not suitable for peaceful life, I am from salem, I salem, traffic also less and very good climate compare to chennai.

Most peoples are like to live in chennai because they have jobs or business in chennai, thats why they living in chennai, but just consider any village site, if we live in village site we get good oxygens and peaceful life even do'nt have companies and cinema theatres.

So, this is my opinion only.

Regards,
    santhosh

hi friend,
    in chennai best place to settle means adyar,is best from my side..
    specially gandhi nagar,is too good..
    because u can get anything in this area..
    peace & neatness is maintained....
    so its good that my opinion...

Hai

Chennai is a beautiful city but pollution and crowd is common for all the cities. Place out side the city crowd is good for living.

Regards
    Balanathan

Hi Kiran,

This is a very good thread for posting our responses.

According to my point of view Chennai is a very good and wonderful place for living in. Santhosh has said villages are better than cities because of the good environment but people who have lead a city life will not like to live in village permanently.

Coming to Kiran's question everyone prefer the area where they live in I prefer West Mambalam because I have been a resident there. It is a very wonderful place and very near to "South Usman Road" and "Ranganathan street". We go for a shopping just by walk if we feel bored.

The place is well-connected to all places, very near to railway station and T.Nagar bus stand, has got lots of good schools, big temples. There is a temple called "Kothandaramar Koil" just nearby in which various religious meetings and festivals will be conducted.

Similarly Anna Nagar, Ashok Nagar, CIT Nagar, Adyar are also good places.

Now I live in Bangalore and I miss my beautiful Chennai.

E.Mangala

Hi Kiran,

This is very nice topic to discuss. Anybody from other towns willing to shift to chennai means, they may don't know about chennai places and residential areas. This thread will help them to find suitable place to them according to their wish. My vote goes to Kodampakkam and Nungampakkam. because in these area house rent, water facility and train facility, Bus facility and all are good. Shopping and all are very easy. If you want to go for shopping, no need to go anywhere there are plenty of shops available at kodampakkam high road, T.Nagar also very nearer to these place.

People from other towns, who had shifted due to work can be settle here, because if they want to go to their native, Engmore and central station is very near to these place. Rent also very reasonable. According to me Electric Train facility is the most important need in chennai, going by bus in chennai is very horrible. So unmarried working girls and people who don't have two wheeler can choose this place.

Similarly Velachery TNHB colony and Annanagar also best and decent living place.

Regards,
    Vathsala R.

Hi Friends

Thanks for responding in details and yes as said by Vathsala this can indded by a good thread for people who want to know which place is best for them according to their preference like shopping, temples etc.

Vathsala how come you have mentioned Velachery THNB colony as best place because as far as I know it near that stagnant lake, though i have not gone interior, maybe if you can elobrate it can be informative if you share from your point of view what you meant exactly.

Regards
    Kiran

Hi Kiran,

I have mentioned Velachery TNHB colony, because one of friend is living in that area, and also i know about that area. TNHB colony has three types of houses LIG (Lower Income Group) MIG( Middle Income Group), and HIG (Higher Income Group). Each Group of houses has some range in Rent. Main thing is houses in TNHB colony are orderly built and spacious. In some other areas like Choolaimedu there will be no space between two houses. Even some houses don't have space to put Kolam. But in Velachery TNHB Colony excellent space for putting kolam, we can sit infront of the house and relax ourself and can feel evening time cool breezy air. Road and water facility are nice. As you mentioned about Lake is there, so you can feel the breezy air. May be 5 to 10 years before this area was not well maintained. But Drainage, Water Source, EB and all are well planned. So Rain water also directed in to Land water source Tank, so streets are very neat. May be some streets are not in good condition. That will not affect our regular life. Thats why i said Velachery TNHB Colony is best living place at chennai.

Regards,
    Vathsala R.

Hi Vathsala

Thanks for the detailed explanation, it's good to know about the Velachery TNHB colony in detail as I was not that much aware as I only have seen while passing by that area sometimes.

Regards
    Kiran

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.