You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Chennai

Why there is a lot of beggars in Tamilnadu?

Are beggars are lazy or they are not offered with a Right oppurtunity to earn and live?

Yesterday the movie "Nan Kadavul" was featured in a television, it shows the difficulties faced by the beggars and how the specialy skilled people are been utilized by criminals to sit and earn money. The question arised, why the beggars are increasing in Tamilnadu? Now a days we can see lot of people from North Indian are begging in sigals.

It's because of the corruption, the effect of which is one reason for seeing so many beggars around the corner of every street.

Not only north Indian beggars in Chennai, South Indian Andra pradesh persons also come to Chennai as a beggars because in summer time they can earn more amount in chennai in there place food and money difficult earn in summer season. We have to avoid beggars. Some times if we busy with phone call or tension in signal they try to take our things for example laptop or mobile phone or money ! so be careful

Hi friends,
    The reason for begging is the laziness as commented by Mr.Padmanabhan.The people of today who are in poor condition have identified that the begging is the way to get money without doing any work.There are many people who are physically challenged but they are not interested in begging and they will accept the money only for the work they are doing.The physically challenged people are running some Xerox,Internet centres and some are selling household utilities like Agarbathis,Perfumes etc.,They are very much appreciable than the not working people.The reason for this type of status in Tamil Nadu is that most of the people are devotees to the God.So,they are doing their best in serving beggars.There should be a voluntary organisation to make all the beggars again to life.This makes a beggar free resourceful India.

with regards,

Hi Arul

Indeed a good response I shall say, hope people learn from this and spread the knowledge around and help the society.

As mentioned people should think of doing something on own instead of begging on the streets, they should try their hands at some small scale business ideas which ever is possible with some monetry help.

I think the link mentioned in the above post is not directing to the right forum thread, request members to contribute to a thread which I have posted on small scale business ideas in the forum section of which i got an idea after going through this thread.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.