You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Discuss: Which one of the following citiy makes Garment items in TAMILNADU?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Which one of the following citiy makes Garment items in TAMILNADU?'. Please choose any one of the following city and discuss about it. Give your suggesstions about the selected city.

1. Tirupur
    2. Coimbatore
    3. Erode
    4. Chennai
    5. Madurai
    Hi,
    In my view, Tirupur is the garment city of Tamil Nadu. As there are many garments which manufactures clothes, its going to be the leading city in making garment items.

Regards,
    Rizwan.
    Practice makes perfect..

Dear friend,

Yes. It is correct. The city Tirupur is the Garment city in Tamilnadu. The city makes all type of garment items like Panians, Panties, Lunkies, Drowsers, T-Shirts and etc..

The city is also one of the export place in Tamil nadu to export all type of garment items.

With regards,
    S.manoharan.
    TSR.

Hi Mr.Manoharan

Panians, Lunkies, Drowsers etc are speciality of tirupur is it, can you provide more information on them as they seem to be different from what i have heard, i knew that tirupur is famous for T-Shirts, so the answer for this forum thread is obvious.

If your quetion is which of the places listed by you makes garments then my answer would be all, but if you meant to ask which is famous for garments manufacturing then the answer is quite obviously Tirupur.

Regards
    Kiran

hi guyz

Tirupur is a textile town in Coimbatore District of Tamil Nadu; It is one of the fastest developing towns in Tamil Nadu. Tirupur is famous for cotton knitted garment wears. Tirupur is situated near Coimbatore which is "The Manchester of South India".

Here Cotton is spun to various counts from 10s to 100s used in Hosiery and Woven. Tirupur is known as Dollar City , Knit City , Cotton City and mainly "Hosiery Centre ". Tirupur's hosiery factories are more profitable in India's economy. Tirupur is one of the largest foreign exchange earning towns in India.

Tirupur is basically a traditional centre for cotton ginning. Tirupur exports many textiles items and clothings. This city accounts for 90 % of India 's cotton knitwear exports to all over the world. The Noyyal river runs through the city.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.