You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Discuss: Should the state name Tamilnadu be changed?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Should the state name Tamilnadu be changed?'.
    Dear Kiran Kumar,
    I feel, In India Tamilnadu is the only state which has got its correct name as per the Tamil literature. No other state has got this speciality. The Tamilians of the whole world are proud with its name. Tamilnadu was earlier known as State of Madras and with much difficulty we got it changed as Tamilnadu. What is the need to call or discuss for a change.

Hi Kiran,

Why should the state name be changed? I think it has got the correct name because our tamil language is there in the name.

Do you prefer the name to be changed to Tamizhnadu? I think Tamilnadu is better than Tamizhnadu.

E.Mangala

Thanks Meenakshi Sundaram for the news that Tamilnadu was called as State of Madras, which was not known to me but why could someone name in such a fashion where you name a whole state as 'State of Madras' when madras was only a city in the state. It's like calling someone as father/mother of so and so.

Thamizh nadu is itn't? Why should we bear the English sound to Thamizh? our pre- independence mind set should go

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.