You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Others

Discuss: "Tamil New year should be celebrated on the day of Pongal festival". Do you agree with Kal

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic '"Tamil New year should be celebrated on the day of Pongal festival". Do you agree with Kalaignar's view?'.
    hai Mangala

Pongal festival is the day to thank all the farmers and animals which helped us to get our food. It is nice to celebrate Tamil New year on the same day, in pongal.

Yes it is correct.but it is not kalaignar's view. Of course his govt accepted the demand o Tamil scholars that the birth of Tamil months does not withstand the scientific thinking.So so we welcome the change

I don't think Tamil New Year should be celebrated on the day of Pongal. My feeling is New Year should be celebrated at the begining of the year and not towards the end of the year. For us, Chithirai is the begining of the year and we should celebrate Tamil New Year on this month. Pongal has its own history and tradition which should be left as it was being celebrated by our ancestors.

People never accepted the day of pongal as the Tamil New Year. Still everyone is celebrating Tamil New Year on April 14 and I haven't seen anybody wishing Happy Tamil New Year on the day of Pongal.

No Individual has the right to change the tradition and culture followed by our ancestors.

Why to combine two festivals together and reduce one holiday! Lets celebrate Pongal as Thanksgiving day and Tamil new year as a new year begining.

Thai 1 is the real Tamil New year and a long term demand by scholars has been accepted by Government of Tamil Nadu
    Suresh Kumar R.
    Engal Vazhvum Engal Valamum Mangaadha Tamizh Endru Sangae Muzhanku

Mr.Suresh thanks for the clear update, i also request you to answer many other forum threads which are also importance in terms of knowing how this site can be helpful for the members in way of getting them additional revenue, being a senior your knowledge sharing will add a lot of value if you share your experience gained here.

Forum Earnings

Google Adsense

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.