You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Discuss: Which is the famous Tamil book

Nowdays the habit of reading Tamil has decreased a lot. Which is the famous Tamil book you read and enjoyed.
    Hi Kavitha

I would be better if you write a short note on each book and what is it about since i have not heard of any!

Tamilnadu Girls

Regards
    Kiran

None other than "Ponniyin selvan". Wonderful book. If you have time / interest pz read it.
    Priyamudan,
    Suresh Kumar R.
    Engal Vazhvum Engal Valamum Mangaadha Tamizh Endru Sangae Muzhanku

Madam,
    Where is time to read a good Tamil book. The internet has completely upset the book reading habit to a great extent. I casually go through some weeklies, and a news paper. Can you suggest me a good book to read if you are a book worm.

Are there any latest good novels like good old ponniyin selvan, paarthiban kanavu, sivakamiyin sabhatham these days. I dont think so.

'puththagam pesudhu 'tamil monthly issue is a good book to introduce good books in tamil.please go through it and get good books .It introduces all good books with a review by standard writers.

NOW I AM READING THE KALLLIKATTU ITHIKASAM.....
    IT MAKES ME HAPPY AND IT GIVES THE REFRESHMENT TI MY MIND....
    BUT THE PONNIYIN SELVAN, KADAL RANI THOSE I NEVER HEAR IT I AM TERRRIBALLY SORRY ABOUT IT MADAM

HI Since the topic is " which is the famous tamilbook ?" I am thinking deyond the books for poll.The most famous & the most knowledge provider is none other than the TAMIL MARAI THIRUKKURAL.As acknowledged world wide there is nothing in the world that is not found in Kural. It teaches how & hownot to live ,life skills managerial inputts.family life, finance management, communication skills &so on &soforth.Being a trainer I always cite kurals & explain various concepts in my sessions.To end I quote:kadugai thulaithu ezh kadalai pugatti kuruga tharitha kural" If reqd & if allowed I can post articles on LESSIONS FROM KURAL
    RAMAN MALLI

hi friend,

i could rate the famous tamil novels as follows:

1.Ponniyin Selvan - Kalki
    2.Alai Osai - Kalki
    3.Sivakamiyin Sabatham - Kalki
    4.Vetri Thiru Nagar - Akilon
    6.Kadal Pura - Sandilyan
    7.Vamsathara - Thivakar
    8.Alli -Mu.Va
    9.Oru puliya Marathin Kathai - Sundara Ramasami
    10.Sila Nerangalil Sila Manithargal - Jeyakanthan
    11.Kalli kattu Ithikasam - Vairmuthu
    12.Karuvaachi Kaviyam - Vairamuthu
    13.etc.......

The best book of that category is Ponniyin Selven.

Every thing is best, Characterization, Picturization, Categorization, Story line up, along with that Historic representation.

If you read the book, you will feel that you are in the period of Chozha.

with regards,
    (su)boss

Hi friends,
    I haven't read a single books. I touch my college books only before exams. But I heard lot of Tamil stories said by my sister and mother. I love to listen not to read. I have no idea about this books. I may try to read this books in future

By
    venkat
    countdown

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.