You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Dear Editor, Why my bookmark was deleted?

Dear Editor,

I have posted the following bookmark in TSR under BUSINESS category, few days back. "http://www.tamilspider.com/bookmarks/602-Who-are-Certified-Financial-Planners-How-we-can-use-them.aspx"

Why it was deleted, please tell me so that I can correct myself in future?
    Hello Satish,
    The bookmark is deleted because of the copied content. The description that you have written is directly copied from here. Copied content in any section or in any form is prohibited here. I think you are aware of this!

Please avoid copying in future!

Webmaster
    A S Kranthi Kiran

oh my God, that content too was posted by me only. Anyways thanks for your explanation Kranthi.
    Your Co-passenger - Satish.
    Water depth is Lotus's height; Mental Strength is men's merit - Thirukkural.

Re producing already existing content from any other sources is against our policies even if they are originally posted by you in the other source. If you like to reproduce the same content in TSR, you must post a search engine friendly link from the original source to the corresponding post in our site.

This thread was previously approved and then only I posted it in some social networking websites and I too know pretty well that copied contents are not allowed anywhere in TSR.

Thanks for your advice.

Reproducing "before" or "after" does not really make a difference since the time of posting is immaterial. What is more important is "same content in 2 places not allowed" since search engines could black list the site as 'copy cat'.

If the content is posted elsewhere before approval in TSR, I understand it becomes a copied content and I do not find any logic for deletion if any of the approved contents are posted elsewhere giving proper link to the particular page of TSR! Thats what I did.

Thanks again, I understand not to post anything - like that.

Satish,

You are right. If there is a search engine friendly link to TSR from the same content in the other source, then it is allowed. I did not think about it. You are right, the content in TSR should not have been deleted since you have a link from the corresponding posts to TSR posts. I have restored them now.

0ops! at last understood, thanks. But I was fed up during the process of explaining and such happenings in TSR! This is not a fair and healthy practice.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.